Ethics & Sustainability
Our printing partner is dedicated to providing ethical work practices and lessening their environmental impact in any way possible. Some of the ways in which they achieve this are:
- All of their staff are paid above the national living wage, regardless of age.
- The printing method they use, Direct To Garment (or DTG), is OEKO-TEX approved, meaning that regulated or unregulated chemicals that are considered harmful to the environment.
- Any excess or waste cardboard produced is recycled; waste ink is disposed of responsibly and safely
- From March 1st 2018, any failed prints are donated to charity clothing banks.
- From April 2018, all packaging they use to ship our products are either biodegradable or 100% recyclable.
- They are constantly updating their catalogue to feature more Fair Wear and organic accredited garments.
At Grey and Ginger Clothing we print onto Gildan and AWDis clothing.
If you want to read what these companies are doing to help lessen their impact on our planet, check out the information on their manufacturing ethics below:
Gildan have a full set of public facing reports on their operations year to year. This includes information on the audits they perform (they peformed more than 200 audits of their factories and their contracted premises in 2016) and their efforts to be more environmentally sustainable.
AWDis is a WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) certified company. To check out more on what WRAP does to help our planet by monitoring production companies, check out there site at: http://www.wrapcompliance.org/.